Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tiffany Jubilee, You Are A Miracle

I had Tiffany Jubilee early this morning (6 lbs 2 oz and at 1204 but that is all I know) :)
Yesterday I went in to be induced in Rochester. So we get there at 7 and at 845 I got cytotec to dialate my cervix. At 12 they came in to check me and all I had done was eface a little. That is when it happened, they said that the surgical team was unaware that I was scheduled for a Friday. The surgeon does surgeries on Wednesdays so they would have said to induce me on Monday. So they were going to send me home, we didn't have a vehicle at the hospital, it was at Jim's aunt and uncle's house so we didn't have to pay parking and they lived on the other side of Rochester. They both work, he works late and Joann worked until 3. So we were stranded in very cold weather to walk around in so we could kill a couple of hours when they released me at 1. I was having contractions, I want to say before 945. The cytotec was doing that for me, I guess. I just chalked it up to the typical "cramping" that occurs. So we were walking around for a while, I had lunch, and then we went back to the hospital to wait another 20 minutes or so for Jim's aunt. The contractions were a little stronger but I figured the cytotec was going to wear off soon. Jim and I are just about out of Rochester when the contractions were getting worse, at around 4. They were not letting up at all so I went straight to bed when I got home and about 10 minutes later I was feeling well enough to go lay on the couch to say good-bye to my grandmother and aunt then let my kids see me and verbally interact with them. Now I was still having contractions at this time but they were pretty subtle. I was laying down for some time and the contractions returned full force so I went back to the bedroom. They just kept getting worse and worse so I called Rochester and they said if I felt like it was happening to come back in or go to the hospital in town. Before we left I asked what to do in this exact situation and the WONDERFUL nurse let me know that if need be they do have a wonderful transport team for Tiffany if we delivered in Albert Lea. I love that nurse, her name is Pam. She, according to Jim (I wasn't looking at her) had a more disgusted face then we did when they told us that they were not ready for us to deliver. So I called Albert Lea and they said I could come in, get checked, and see if I could make it back to Rochester. At 7, we finally decided to go to the hospital to at least get checked. I got there around 730, I can't remember some details from here on out. I was dialated 3 cm and my body was not stopping. I got some IV drugs and they did take some edge off. They were starting to get me ready to go in the ambulance to Rochester when the doctor said that she didn't feel comfortable letting me go with how fast my contractions were and it was too cold to fly. Plus, I would not have been able to get a spinal block before it was too late. Shortly after that I did get the spinal block, which is the most they do here. The spinal block lasted for a short time. The itching outweighed the contractions so I opted to just use a little more IV pain meds and a Benedryl. I don't know how much time passed but I spent a lot of time on the birthing ball and then got in bed to be checked, the last time I had asked to be checked, and I was 8 cm. I think I got on the ball for a couple more minutes then back to bed. I began pushing at around 1154 and at 1204 Tiffany arrived. Her heart was having a hard time so I really had to get her out, they said. It took me some time to mentally get myself to continuously push the correct way, it was like I kept forgetting how in the middle of a push.
I never got to hold Tiffany, her lesion was open, and from what I can see in a photo it was open a lot. I think plastics will have to get involved. I don't know any details of anything because I really was not functional after her birth.
She has a beautiful face and I can't wait to hold her. We baptized her and I did touch her hand, foot, cheek, and nose a lot when she was in the transport set-up. I am feeling okay as of right now but I think I need to hold her soon so I stay feeling okay. They may release me today so I can go see her. I am feeling great as far as just delivering a baby so I think it might just happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment